Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Perspective

per·spec·tive
pərˈspektiv/
noun
noun: perspective
1.

the art of drawing solid objects on a two-dimensional surface so as to give the right impression of their height, width, depth, and position in relation to each other when viewed from a particular point.

2.


a particular attitude toward or way of regarding something; a point of view.
"most guidebook history is written from the editor's perspective"
 Perspective is a funny thing. Not just for someone going through a divorce, but for anyone really. 

I was having coffee with a friend last week...she is a lawyer...and despite what I said about loathing the legal system I am very fond of her. 

She told me how she was in court and caught a glace of some men on trial. They were sentenced to jail time and would not be getting out in their lifetimes. It struck her..she said "you only get one life...and these men would be spending theirs in prison"...she seemed so moved, so provoked by this thought..then she said..."and I was thinking about Beyonce and Jay Z and how I will never get to experience any of the fabulous things they do everyday"...I busted out laughing. "Yes, and they look at your sad life as successful lawyer, mother of two beautiful girls, wife of a handsome successful businessman and think...that poor prisoner..."

But the truth is that your perspective can change in a second...just like your life can...and that is the most terrifying and comforting thought I have for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment