Tuesday, November 14, 2017

And the seasons they go round and round...

It's starting to happen…I knew it would. In fact in those early days I used to dream about it. The day when I could help someone else who was standing in the shoes I was wearing that day. The day my life changed. The day my reality shifted. The day I literally became a woman.

I have a friend…actually more than one…actually more than two who are struggling in their marriage, thinking of divorce, half way through a divorce or recently divorced.

When they call or text me for advice I find myself in tears faster than I would have imagined.

My heart literally hurts for them.

Some have been cheated on…some have money issues…some lost the love they once had for their spouse and some have cheated themselves….it doesn't matter. It hurts all the same. The emotions are real and raw and it hurts. And it hurts me to see them hurt.

So I do what I can, say what I think would help, and listen to them cry…


And the seasons they go round and round
And the painted ponies go up and down
We're captive on the carousel of time
We can't return we can only look behind
From where we came
And go round and round and round
In the circle game

No comments:

Post a Comment